Saturday, July 31, 2004

in pain

nothing can be more painful but to learn that the person you love the most doesn't feel the same way about you at all. it's like being betrayed by the whole world... like you don't know what happened during the last three and a half years of your life.

i know that being loved is something that you feel... something that you just know without even having to say word. yet there are times when you long to hear those words tp confirm that it is indeed a reality and not something that you wish to be true.

it hurts to know that you're holding on to a relationship that is optional... something that the other person can live with or without... and its insanely painful to know that that person is the one you even call the love of you life.

for my 24th birthday, i made a vow to myself that i'll do everything i can to make myself a better person. is god giving me a sign that letting go IS part of making myself a better person? but how can i go on improving myself if the one thing and the one person that means the world to me is not even there? how i can i ever go on with my life if all i have is my pain and all i ever feel is bitterness?

1 comment:

Jayce Cortez Jacinto said...

I never knew that you've been leading a troubled life the past few days, jelaine. Trust that I feel your sentiments and emotions. You are a strong, brave woman and i know it's waaay too cliche, but what does not kill us can only make us stronger. Be happy that you feel this much pain. Immerse yourself in it, if you must. But be glad with it still. It shows that we are capable of sharing and devoting our lives to causes and people that we believe in, regardless whether these things and these people can hold true to promises.
I'm sorry I can't say much else. One last thing though. The beauty in being human is we have the power of choice. We have the power to decide if things like these would lead us to being stronger people or lead us to being emotionally crippled for the rest of our lives.
Hugs.