Wednesday, November 19, 2008

What I Love About Change

I recently went through several changes in my life. I stepped outside my comfort zone and left my beloved VB family to pursue my one true love -- Quality -- even it means being alone to join a new team. I've been blest since then... I found new friends who are not only great to work with, but who are also fun to be with when we're not agents, coaches, QAs, trainers or OMs. They made me feel right at home, especially when I'm missing my VB family. It's kind of creepy sometimes how I see my VB family in my new DS team.

In spite of my schedule being terribly early at 3AM, and now at 5AM, I'm finding a lot of things that I can do that's making me happier each day. Because I get off work early in the afternoon, I've been able to spend time in malls -- doing errands and practically just wandering around, with a bit of shopping here and there. I also get to go on dates with my Mom and Dad. I especially love spending time with my Dad while he works -- like checking on the stores, buying construction supplies -- brings back memories of my childhood. I love our silly conversations during the ride, how we will laugh so hard over the most senseless ideas and the corniest jokes until we're teary-eyed and coughing. I also love it when my Mom treats me like a kid, buying me food or scolding me for the silly things I do. I can't believe these things are still happening at my age!

Though Millie and I only get to spend a few hours a week together, I love how we plan the times we'll be together and end up breaking them. It is as if we've become more spontaneous and just go with the flow. I love that I get to go online and download music or read about stuff I won't normally have time to read about and well, write blog entries to share my thoughts to the world, regardless if anyone is interested. As weird as it may sound, I sometimes feel like I'm a student again -- taking public transport and making stopovers to buy isaw or pritong leeg ng manok or pares. Everyday has become an adventure for me.

Times like these, I can't help but be in awe at how amazing life can be -- always full of lovely surprises that are waiting to be discovered as long as you're willing to take a plunge to the unknown every once in a while...

No comments: