Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I have a new thing

I have a new thing...

My new thing is all about trying new things. This week, I've been crazy downloading relaxation music -- the kind you listen to in spas while having a refreshing facial or a soothing full-body massage. My wife and I are experimenting on listening to them while we sleep... We are yet to try it this coming weekendn though. Currently, I have 7hrs worth of instrumental music -- piano, classical guitar, harp, flute, pan pipe, you name it, I have it. Yup, even the sounds of nature like that of birds chirping and waterfalls and the ocean waves crashing. (If anyone's interested, just message me! )

Recently, I've also embraced my inner kikay. Well, actually, it's more of letting my inner kikay out. My inner kikay has been on hibernation mode for the past several years. Looking back, it must've started when work got busy and I started to be serious with it. Now, I've been buying some stuff for my face, I've been having more facials, foot spas, mani-pedis, massages... I finally admitted that I love these things and stopped feeling guilty for overspending on myself. I reckon, I work hard 5 f*cking days a week. The least I can do is treat myself to something that will make me feel better, right? For the past years, I've been depriving myself of these 'guilty pleasures' -- how crazy is that?! Now, I'm feeling more energized and pumped to get through my work week regardless of how stressful it gets. In fact, I've been highly-productive since I started these weekend treats. I guess spending on myself is finally paying off! Hahahaha!

Lastly, I've been more daring to try things I don't normally like doing. Perfect example -- travelling by public transport. A couple of things I hate about commuting are losing my personal space and being exposed to less than desirable smells. One thing I love about it though is being able to do stopovers! It's the perfect excuse to 'pass by' the mall or to 'chance upon' my favorite street foods! Yum-o! Trust me, those gastronomical excursions and occasional window shopping makes all the hassles worth it.


No comments: