Sunday, November 19, 2006

One thing I hate about Filipinos

There are a lot of things to love and hate about the Philippines and its people. Don't get me wrong... I love my country and I love being a Filipino, but I'm not blind to its many, many, many flaws. I just hope we'd do better, you know? Or at least aspire to be better!

Recently, my partner and I became active in an Asian forum. Actually, it's for The Amazing Race Asia. As you can imagine, the forumers are from different backgrounds, having different languages and all, yet everyone are so passionate to talk about the show and their teams. Now what I hate about Filipinos is their penchant to use their native tongue without any regard to other members of the community. They all talk in Filipino as if it's an exclusively Filipino forum. To make matters worse, they don't listen even if you bring this to their attention (which another member already tried doing). What a real shame.... And take note, members from other countries don't do this! They all post in English... no matter how confusing the grammar is. It's really embarrassing!

So one day, I got totally pissed and fed up so I posted a new thread about this... and this is what happened... Seriously, I didn't expect some Filipinos to be so fucking insensitive and narrow-minded!!!:

************************

WEIRD PINOY PRIDE
BadGirLjeL


Show your Pinoy Pride by spelling your country's name correctly. it's PHILIPPINES -- NOT PHILLIPINES.

Also, show your pride by being respectful. This is not an exclusively Filipino site/forum so practice proper decorum by speaking in English so everyone understands.

Yes, I'm a prude, I'm a goody-two-shoes and I'm a bitch. So deal with it. And yes, it's all because I'm proud to be a Filipino and wouldn't want others to think we're all rude.

*****

From: slith6

oh common biatch..(according to yu maam)...were playing a game and just establishing some tactics here..were not disrespecting anyone mistreating other countries or whatever negative you might have sensed..I, on the other hand am just pushing natinal pride..its not wrong to be proud of what I am.. If you're ashamed to be a noypi then go humiliate urself

*****

From: ethel09

see who's rude now...ur the one who naming urself as a badgirl a bitch..you think your proud of yourself?maybe...but no one proud of you...see u dont have a face to see everyone...BITCH...AS YOU SAY...

*****

From: BadGirLjeL

Whatever...

So you're just thinking about the race? Not my problem. I've read so many threads where people in other countries are already asking what langauge is being used and to kindly use English, but noooooo!!! Nobody cares! So go ahead with all your tactics... IT IS A RACE. it's natural for people to strategize. But when discussing GENERAL TOPICS like the rules, comments on the route markers, even the show and the teams themselves, etc EVERYBODY has the right to join in... But how can everyone do that if they don't understand the language?

And don't tell me about NATIONAL PRIDE because that's exactly my point. Obviously, you're too narrow-minded to understand.

*****

From: BadGirLjeL

Hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Go and take it out on my nick, my avatar, etc.

Obviously, you're not catching my drift. Again, not my problem. Nonetheless, I wish you all the best for the race 'cause that's what we're here for. I was just giving you something to think about... your choice to interpret it a million ways. HAVE A GREAT LIFE! =)

*****

From: ethel09

as you say bitch.....

*****

From: cancerous

badgirljel huh...making corrections?you also have flaws bitch....even english people dont have proper english...common sense plz..maybe the other country asking what language is being used..it doesnt mean wrong spelling or grammar its all because they dont talk or even rigth english...

*****

From: cancerous

your the only one who dont care ,...coz ur a bitch.. maybe u read a wrong thread...ha ha ha....

*****

From: BadGirLjeL

Well, at least I'm well aware that I'M A BITCH... It's futile to keep on repeating the obvious.


Obviously, NONE of the people who've made comments on this thread understands my point. It's not even about using proper English... actually, that's precisely the point. GRAMMAR IS TOTALLY IRRELEVANT -- It's using the language that EVERYONE will understand as it is our common ground, knowing we came from different countries, having our own native languages. And it's weird, pointing out I have flaws, considering I didn't claim to be perfect. I truly find it amazing (no pun intended) that it has become a personal attack... I mean, how immature! Hahahaha!

P.S.
Thanks for making my efforts succeed. See how you're all writing in English now (well, at least in this thread)?! At least now everyone will understand! That's all I wanted in the first place.

P.P.S.
Have a nice life!

*****

From: cancerous

ah...we cant understand you maybe ur from outer space....

*****

From: BadGirLjeL

BWhahahahaahahahaaaaaaaa!!!!

2 comments:

hlF said...

wow, that was some kinda nasty. tsk, tsk.

Abernathy™ said...

did you mean me? well, i've been thinking about it too... and yeah, i think i got pretty nasty on this one. i guess i got overly disappointed with our kababayans