Thursday, October 14, 2004

Blah at 6AM

My new sked is from 7AM to 4AM.

I got home at around 4:30AM. I was trying to save money that's why I took a jeep instead of a cab -- going to and coming home from work. On my way home, I stopped by 7eleven and bought me and my wife some snacks. I bought a jumbo siopao and some treats from Mister Donuts. As I was walking home, I was thinking... I didn't save any money at all! The P100 I could've saved from the cab rides, I ended up spending on food instead so it's actually the same thing. Then I realized, I still saved money. I could've bought the same thing even if I took those two cab rides, meaning I would've spent twice as much. Not to mention, it was for food! After a hard day's work, I guess I deserve to treat myself to a decent "breakfast" slash "dinner" with a little dessert to boot.

This justification of my day's spending was all the more well, justified when I was preparing my wifey's baon. I guess money is not at all that important when you use it to buy something that you know will make your loved one happy. For me to buy her some snacks makes me happy because through that, I know I'm able to show her that I care for her so much and that I love her. Those treats would tell her that I think of her all the time, even during the wee hours of the morning even though some may already be too brain dead to think of anything else during those times. As they say, just thinking of someone you love -- just wanting to make them happy -- that's priceless.

So, did I save money today? I certainly did... and guess what -- I even earned so much more...

No comments: