Saturday, September 04, 2004

Wish List 2004

Hellllllerrrr??? This is like what?! My nth Wish List everrrr???

Whatever... I've always believed that having Wish Lists drives us to aspire for higher things. They motivate us to do better in life -- from simple things to the real big stuff.

So, here I go again with my Wish List:

1> PDA - Zire31 loaded with Quick Office and Shopping Manager applications. Shopping Manager will be such great help for me and my wife in managing the household especially our groceru list. I'd also buy a PDA keyboard (hopefully wireless although USB's also fine) so I can write anywhere! No more excuses!!!

2> Portable MP3 Player - At this time, I have my eye on Twinmos'GO2MUSIC. I saw one in Exsite Mobile in Megamall, which only costs Php4500. It has 32MB built-in memory PLUS a 128MB expansion card. iPod is way cooler than that, I know but it's way too expensive for me. After all, I don't really need 10,000 songs! Why spend 15K-24K for iPod if I could have both PDA and MP3 player for the same price (or even cheaper)? :)

3> Fujitsu Lifebook or any notebook- Again, my objective for having a notebook is for me to be able to write whenever, wherever! Especially with the new technology of Wi-Fi being available in different cafes and restaurants here in Manila... it's definitely going to be blog heaven for me!!!

4> 29" Samsung Color TV - I'm not even aiming for a flat screen TV. Why should I? I mean, it's 10K more expensive!!! Saw my dream TV in Abenson at 20K only. Seriously considering taking advantage of their Lay Away Plan next year.

5> Home PC - My wifey and I are actually have this on top of the list. But since I remembered it just now, it's #5 on my list! Heehee! We're so into electronic life management that we seriously can't live without a decent computer for checking mail, paying bills, research, and of course, accessing Friendster and other community sites! Also, I'd definitely be getting a Bluetooth Adapter for free polytones... I have a lot of Midis in my Jurassic PC at home.

6> Microwave!!! - I love cooking... but having such a tight sked, I don't get to cook as often anynmore because of the time I need to thaw meats, fish, etc. Having a microwave would be a lot of help and I'd be able to cook more often again. And of course, watching TV is always more fun with freshly popped popcorn! =)

7> Aircon - I swear, I don't think I can bear another summer of having to sleep during the day (since I work nights) soaked in sweat!!! Plus, we're the only unit in the compound who doesn't have one!!! Waaaaaaa!!!

*** To some people, I'm sure my Wish List is rather pathetic. Some may even have all these stuff already. But if you're a 24-year old, middle-class, young urban professional who moved out of your parents' house when you were 21 -- starting from scratch... trust me, these are the big stuff... ***

1 comment:

hlF said...

yeah, i want an MP3 player toooo! but since 'm freelance and jobless, and supposed to be writing an MA thesis... i don't know.