Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Something new, something old

WARNING: Mushy content ahead.

I've always been aware of how my life is going... well, probably for most part of my 28-year existence. I like it when things change, but I'm just as glad when I see how things seem to remain the same.

  • I still have the same set of best friends (Tropang H Forever!) and I'm still in contact with many of my oldest friends (Tessa, Maia, Joanne, Donna, Ayn, a few of our online buddies from our IRC days). Nonetheless, I have a lot of new friends (My VB family and my Telecom team). I'm so blessed to have all these people around me, especially during the most trying times when my father got sick.
  • I've been a big fan of Monster Radio RX 93.1's morning show, The Morning Rush with Chico and Delamar since I was in High School. Unfortunately, my crazy work schedule for the past hundred years kept me from listening to the show. Now, since I'm comfortably on a 7AM-4PM shift, I'm back to being a Rusher! Fun part is, I'm beyond a silent Rusher. I'm now sending entries to the Top 10 and I'm an activee member of the TMR Forum, where I've met (at least online) some of the funniest, nicest, smartest people. Someday, I'm hoping to meet them in person.
  • I've been my parent's little girl since forever. Being an only child, I refuse to grow up as much as they sometimes deny that I'm almost 30 now! Between my Dad having a stroke and having SJS, I've absolutely stepped up. I've become the responsible daughter that they've raised me up to be. But hey, I wasn't the only one wwho stepped up. My Dad has become less of a control freak, entrusting other people with the responsibilities he would normally handle by himself. My Mom, a meek, submissive wife for most her life, learned to speak up and be decisive. My Dad is still recovering and we all know that things would never bee the same, but with the new-found closeness we have as a family, I know we're just stronger as ever. I know we can survive anything.
  • I've been with my life partner for 8 years and 3 months. In May, we'll be celebrating our 100th month together. It's amazing how long we've been together... how much hell we've gone through together and how much good stuff we've shared. Funny thing is, it doesn't feel like we've been together THAT long! We still talk like we'll never run out of things to say and we miss each other like teenagers when we're apart for even a while. I seriously can't imagine life without her. Funny thing is, we've been together for so long that a life without each other is like an impossibility. Translation: Breaking up is no longer an option. We're stuck. LOL
  • As for me, I'm still bitchy and mean and geeky and lazy and weird and bubbly and hyper and talkative and creative and moody and so much more! I'm just putting them all now in the right perspective and let's just say in the right levels. I've had a lot of shit happening in my life for the past year and as much as my best friends are probably having a hard time believing it, I'm a changed person. I feel different, I think differently now, I've changed! For the worse or for the better, I'm not sure... but I'm certainly happy where I am now...

No comments: