Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Eight Years

Eight years ago, we graduated from college. Prior to that, Miriam College was our second home for four years. It was a long four years for students, but definitely short for kids.

Eight years ago, we embarked on a new journey called the real world. It is where reall people deal with real problems in real life.

Eight years ago, we dreamt. We aspired of becoming professionals, to be the best names in our field, to be a force to be reckoned with.

Eight years ago, we made our promises. We vowed of never-ending friendships and swore to stay connected no matter what.

Today, I have not stepped foot in the old school in years. I'd probably get lost there if I visit now.

Today, time has made me old, hopefully even mature, as I face life's challenges on a daily basis. Every once in a while, I struggle, but I continue to survive in the real world.

Today, I can't say I'm a huge hit in my chosen career, but I'm happy where I am and in my own little way, I am a force to be reckoned with.

Today, I continue to enjoy the gift of four wonderful friendships. Four people who stayed true to their vows of never-ending friendships and kept their promise of being constantly present in my life. They are the four sisters I never had.

Today, I reminisce how life has been for the past eight years... how much different I am now from before, yet how things seem to stay the same. I remember this day fondly... year after year after year.

Congratulations to us for graduating college eight years ago.

No comments: