Thursday, March 19, 2009

I am... Abernathy

I think it was 2007 or 2008 when I discovered the Tarantino film, "Death Proof." It's the second movie in the Grindhouse movies, the first one of which is "Planet Terror." I was drawn to "Death Proof." How can I not be??? Rosario Dawson and Tracie Thoms are there. We became oh-so fascinated with them after the movie, "Rent." Anyway, Rosario Dawson's character is named, Abernathy. Nice name, I reckon. Unique, kinda fancy, sorta funny to say... Abernathy.

Since then, I practically named everything Abernathy -- my phone, my external drive, my SD cards. Lately, I've been able to resurrect as a Rusher... a fanatic of the RX morning show, The Morning Rush with Chico and Delamar. You see, I've been a Rusher since I was in high school. I remember how I would stay up late until TMR starts so I can call for Good Morning, Manila and greet my Dad and Mom and my feline siblings. My codename then was Catwoman. Unfortunately, work got in the way. So with the busy, alway-changing schedule, I haven't been able to listen to TMR for the past several years. Now, I'm even joining the Top Ten! Funny funny segment The Top Ten is... As cheesy as it may sound, they truly helped me get through the most difficult times, especially last week when my Dad has the Stevens-Johnson Syndrome (which reminds me, I haven't done my entry about that yet). Those were precious mornings... I was laughing as if everything was ok. :)

Anyway, I had an interesting day today. They had a bit of confusion about my gender, especially since my entries would have "my gf this... my gf that..." Plus, I didn't know that Abernathy is also a guy's name! So tonight, my wife and I decided to do a bit of research about Abernathy and so far, I found that it's a place in Texas, and that it's more of a surname rather than a first name. Here are some other stuff that I found:

From Baby Name Guesser

Based on popular usage, it is 1.099 times more common for Abernathy to be a girl's name.

The popularity of Abernathy is: 4.195
(where 0 = extremely rare, 6 = super popular)

From Kabalarians (where it IS under boy names)

  • The name of Abernathy creates a quiet, systematic, and technical nature and a clever, inventive mind, attentive to detail.
  • You are attracted to working outdoors in nature, where you would experience the peace and serenity you so much desire.
  • You would find electricity, electronics, and similar technical fields of interest, as well as computer, mathematical, and scientific studies.
  • You are inclined to be quiet, reserved, patient, and conservative, preferring to test and prove everything to your own satisfaction before committing yourself.
  • You like to finish what you start without interruptions, and also to have everything in its place and properly organized.

  • Although the name Abernathy creates an interest in the deeper aspects of life, we emphasize that it limits your versatility and scope, tuning you to technical details.
  • This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses in the heart, lungs, bronchial area, and elimination system.
  • No comments: