Monday, April 06, 2009

Finally won something today


When I first joined the TMR Forum, one of the first threads I read was "what i won from RX thru TMR is... " Grabeng dyahe! The last thing I won was a pair of concert tickets... to the Eraserheads album launch of Natin99! Jusme! 1. Ilang taon na ba silang nagdededmahan? 2. Kamusta naman at nakadalawang reunion concert na nga! I was green with envy as I read the entries of my fellow Rushers... concert tickets, movie premier tickets, gift packs... and seriously, it's not even the prize, I'm just jealous of the thought that they won something. You see, I'm not very lucky with contests, especially with promos or raffles, while a lot of them even won several times already! Grabe! Kakainggit talaga.

Today, it was a holiday. The streets were empty, commuting was a breeze but it didn't matter 'cause truth was, I didn't want to go to work. All I wanted to do was stay in bed, cuddle up with my little pillow, Stwipy, and curl up under my warm blankie. But no, I only have four days of work this week, I can't miss another one. I need to guarantee the 4-day weekend that's waiting for me. So I dragged my ass off the bed, my eyes half-closed.

As I was getting off the cab, I can hear Del saying that caller number 3 gets to join the Tekki Shomen promo. I dialled in. Busy tone. Bad timing... After all, there's no signal in the elevator and I have to go up and login. Nah... maybe next time. I was so surprised though that by the time I reached my desk and logged in, Del said that she doesn't have anyone yet for the promo! I hurriedly picked up my mobile phone and redialled. It rang! Oh my gawd! It rang again... I checked on the number just in case -- it was right. Then she picked up! I asked if she still needed someone for the promo and the rest, as they say, was history.

So much fun! So reminiscent of my high school days... calling RX, going on-air... nostalgic! Finally winning something... priceless! Dahil d'yan, I'm glad I went to work today! LOL

_________________________________________________________

*To win the promo, I just had to cite an instance when I forgot something important. The instance I gave was from a couple of years back when I was still an agent and I had my shift moved to an hour later. After our team meeting, which ended on my usual logout time, I went down the building with my teammates and waited for my ride. After waiting for a few minutes, wondering what happened to him, I called and asked where he was. That's when I realized (actually, he told me) that I don't get off work until an hour later. Then of course, I had to say the tag line, "Tekki Shomen cup noodles... Sa sarap, makakalimutan mo ang lahat!" Winner!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe nakakatuwa naman.. hopefully ma-inspire ka pa sa ibang rushers at sumali ng sumali sa future promos!!
And sabi nga namin, you have a great voice!! naks hehe.

Happy Easter!

Abernathy™ said...

LOL It's quite funny that you guys say that! Pangit na pangit nga ako sa boses ko sa phone e! LOL Nonetheless, thanks for the compliment... such things don't come often my way. Hahaahaha! =)

Happy Easter din! =)