Thursday, April 02, 2009

Stupid Urban Lingo

Ok, so I'm a big fan of the urban dictionary. I loooovvvve made up words and stuff, especially exotic names from another language.

The other night, I spent an hour or so researching on the word "red" in other languages, so we can finally give a name to our laptop... Our top choices were Merah (Indonesian), Kokkino (Greek) and Punane (Estonian). Runner up was Sanura, which is Egyptian for kitten or Swahili for kitten-like. So, Punane won... finally, our laptop has a name. Punane.

Today, I told my friend, Z of our new laptop's name. Guess what he told me... "Hey, doesn't that mean vagina? I saw it in a movie... blah, blah, blah..." I thought he was just pulling my leg, but no! I looked it up just now and true enough, it IS another term for the vagina according to the Urban Dictionary!

Aaarrrgggghhhhh!!! Back to the drawing board! The search continues for the great laptop name!

No comments: