Saturday, June 21, 2008

It's A Minute World After All

Since the dawn of Friendster, MySpace, Multiply and Facebook, we have become more and more aware as to how small the world really is. In fact, it no longer surprise us to learn that someone we know from childhood is in fact related to our new group of friends as an adult. Six degrees of separation has become an everyday concept that we barely give shit about it.

One boring day, I recent conversation that revealed this concept was playing in my head. I thought, yeah, it's such a small world... Who would've thought, right?. But what amazes is that normally, this thing, this "oh my god, it's such a small world" revelation happens with people you're not really that close with. But I was a bit surprised when I realized that there are way too many relationship trails between my partner and myself, considering that we barely have anything in common in our past. I figured, we're really meant for each other! That's not sweet... that's creepy! Hahahaha! Anyway, here are the connections that we've discovered throughout the years:

  1. Millie has a high school friend, who turned out to be one of my best friend's cousin
  2. Millie has a college classmate who turned out to be a cousin of one of my best friend's cousin (from the other side of the family)
  3. Millie has a basketball teammate whose ex-girlfriend was also an ex-girlfriend of one of my best friends
  4. Millie has a high school batchmate who turned out to be my colleague's ex-girlfriend
  5. Millie has a high school batchmate who has a little brother with whom I worked with in my former company together with his ex-girlfriend, who now has a baby, which turned out to be fathered by our officemate
  6. Millie has a high school friend whose ex-boyfriend was also an ex-boyfriend of my former officemate
  7. My former boss turned out to be Millie's batchmate in college -- same course
I think what made these connections remarkable is the fact that we don't have any school in common, we weren't even of the same age and we're geographically far apart from each other until we became a couple!

Seriously, we must be really made for each other! Hahahaha!

No comments: