Saturday, June 14, 2008

"Falling Apart" by Tracie Thoms

Falling Apart
Tracie Thoms

So this is it
This is the end I suppose
We were barely getting started
Beginning once again
Who knows, we might have had a shot
A lot of lovers have it worse
We made a start
Now we're falling apart

So many words
So much to say
But how do you give yourself away?
Why would I want to force you to stay?
But maybe today's a different day...

How much I lose,
I guess it depends on how much I am willing to give.
What do you want?
What do you need, Tracie?
You better think about it.

Look at us now
Falling apart
Slipping away
Wasting the moment-
now the moment is gone
So do we move on,
Or will we repeat our same mistakes?

What will it take?
How will I know?
Where do you turn when all your bridges crash and burn?
Something we had
Mixed up and tossed aside.
I cried the final tear I will cry.
Losing my nerve-
Losing the sleep I need to keep from running away.
What do you want?
Where are you going, Tracie?
You gotta know

So take a look at you now.
Falling apart -
Slipping away-
Wasting the moment the moment-
now the moment is gone.
So go with your head or go with your heart-
Pull it together girl you're falling apart.
Pull it together girl you're falling apart.

No comments: