Thursday, April 13, 2006

Extreme Jelaine (not the sporty kind)

My name is Jelaine. Different people call me by different names; I don't really mind having all those nicknames as long as no one bastardizes my real name. One of my nicknames is |BadGirl`JeL|, which I created as my IRC handle almost half a decade ago. True enough, a lot of people think of me as a bitch. Again, I don't mind. I don't have any political aspiration whatsoever, nor do I plan to join any popularity contest in this lifetime. What I find most important is that I know what I'm all about and that I'm never pretentious of everything that I am. Though I admit to being a bad girl and a smart ass bitch, I don't believe in "living up to the name." One thing about me that a lot of people might find surprising is that I have such an extreme personality. As much as I enjoy being rude and mean, I also know when to shut up, listen and just do what's right. I've always believed that being a bad girl is not about breaking the rules or being intentionally difficult. It's about being yourself, knowing what you want and how to get it – and that is, without having to violate others.

So don't be surprised if one day, you hear me talking trashy, using cuss words as some sort of punctuation in my foul sentences and the next day, you hear me doing some baby talk, speaking fondly about my family and friends. 'Cause you see, that’s just the way I am. And really, I'm not that hard to get. Most of the time, I'm easy to get along with – just try not to piss me off 'cause trust me, that's an entirely different story…

No comments: