Monday, October 24, 2005

Vanity

Vanity, definitely my favorite sin.


                                  --  John Milton – “The Devil’s Advocate” (1997)

People who are known to be very vain either spend a lot of time looking at themselves in the mirror or talking about themselves non-stop in virtually every conversation they engage in.  I, on the other hand, like Googling for my name or nickname.

Believe it or not, I like searching for my name/nickname in search engines just to see what information I can find.  It all began a few months after I graduated from college and I suddenly remembered that I submitted an article to Manila Bulletin and totally forgot about it.  Luckily, the article was still available in their online archive so I was able to download it.  It was already at least a couple of months after it was published.  Since then, I started Googling for my name once in a while just to check if my articles are available somewhere, etc.

Today, I was very pleased because when I keyed in my first name, I found my blog and some of my articles on the first results page – in both Google and Yahoo.  Talk about high page rankings!  Hahaha! =p

1 comment:

hlF said...

yeah... i googled myself a few times before. hehehehe...