Friday, September 23, 2005

Ouchy Eye

Me and my red eye I have an eye infection on my left eye and it sucks big time.

My condition is called Recurrent Corneal Erosion. This means that the epithelium of my cornea, or at least a portion of it has been sloughed off, exposing the more sensitive parts of my eye. I first had Recurrent Corneal Erosion 3 or 4 years ago and this is the third time I’ve had it. Fortunately, I still have my medication so it’s more tolerable now than it was before.

What I especially hate about this illness is that it keeps me from the things I love doing the most. The first couple of times, the doctor advised me to stay away from using the computer, watching TV and cooking for at least 10 days or until my eye totally heals.

Wawa Baby! (From Ate May) I know it should be no different now… but I can’t afford not using the PC since it’s pretty much my job now. But I guess adversities do bring out the best in people. My wife volunteered to type my articles for me while I dictate them to her. She also adjusted our computer’s settings for vision-impaired users like myself. I truly appreciate all her efforts to help me in spite of my condition… kinda shows me how much she truly cares for me, huh? I know, that’s just sweet… ***love struck sigh***

Oh well, that’s it for now. Need to finish some more articles. =)

2 comments:

Jayce Cortez Jacinto said...

Yeow, Jelainie. That looks like it hurts terribly. But you're a toughie. And as soon as it heals, I'm sure you'll have a grand ol' time doing all of the things you love doing once again.
Thanks for the prayers, by the way.

Abernathy™ said...

Thanks for the msg, Jayce. Nice to know that your dad is ok. Take care of yourself always! Miss you so much and all our crazy conversations...