Tuesday, August 23, 2005

When Was The Last Time You Did Something For The First Time?

con7's first ever bowling game Everytime I see Emirates' TV ad on doing something for the first time, I always wonder afterwards when I'll have that kind of experience again. Fortunately, I did experience something new last weekend – I spent the weekend at Richmonde Hotel for no special reason other than a voucher that has to be used before it expires. What made it special though, is the fact that I shared the experience with the love of my life and two of my bestest friends, Orange and Star. But it got even more exciting when we decided to go bowling – my honey's first ever – and my “sort of” first time in at least two years. It was extra-fantastic when I got a couple of spares and even a strike.

Weekend at Richmonde The entire weekend was really special. My wife and I had a little “spa moment” in our hotel room while Orange and Star were sleeping, after which we all had dinner at Italianni’s, where I had my favorites – Fried Calamari and Smoked Salmon Pizza with Dill Cream Sauce. We played Uno (the card game) until 2AM (Orange and Star were so sleepy by that time), then my wife taught me a couple of card games until 4AM. In spite of only having 4 hours of sleep, I was up and ready to invade the breakfast buffet by 8AM and though I didn’t especially enjoyed breakfast (‘cause they didn’t have bacon), I was generally fine. When we checked out at 12NN, I was kind of surprised to find myself having that “vacation feeling,” which I only expected to feel on an out-of-town/out-of-the-country trip. It might have been our new living arrangement that made me feel that I do need a break away from home, not to mention some alone time as a couple.

Today, my wife and I are still a bit sick. But I can say that my weekend getaway helped me feel better and more prepared to get through this new week ahead.

No comments: