Tuesday, August 16, 2005

My Life

When people ask you to say something about yourself, where do you start? This has always been my problem. Sometimes, I'm torn between saying the things I think they're expecting to hear from me and saying the things that matter most to me. But then, that is yet another problem. What matters most to me?

I just turned 25. And quite frankly, I've been under a lot of stress since the beginning of the year. I think this is what they call quarter-life crisis. To start off, I resigned from my relatively stable and high-paying job to pursue my greatest passion. Then there's the need to adjust to a new living arrangement and coping with financial issues. I sometimes feel that way too much is happening to me all at the same time -- maybe too much than what I can handle. I don't know. Eveytime somebody asks me how my life is, my standard answer is that I'm happy with a lot of stuff, pissed with a lot of stuff -- that I don't know which outweighs which. But hey, does it really matter?

A friend of mine recently contacted me because of some heart problems, and a total stranger who chanced upon my blog did the same thing. I've always loved giving unsolicited advices. More often than not, I'm a major bitch when it comes to giving advices, but I guess that's just my way of showing people how life happens. Life can't always be peachy. In fact, maybe life is indeed a bitch. It's up to us how we'll make the most out of it.

Sharing myself to other people through my bitchiness somehow made me realize that maybe there's a reason why I am the way I am. Funny, but maybe being |BadGirl`JeL| is my way of contributing to the world. After all, if not for bitches like me, the good, kind-hearted people out there wouldn't be recognized as such. Plus, don't get me wrong, I am not entirely evil... I'm just "not very nice." Those are two entirely different things.

No comments: