Monday, May 23, 2005

My Stuff

My wife and I recently moved out our apartment, where we lived for 3 years. Now, we're living in my family's house (more of my house, if you'd ask me! Hehehe! I'm such a bitch!) where we relatively have more organized storage. But for some reason, we never have enough storage space for my stuff! I have a lot! And I really mean A LOT!!!

My big sister, Ate May keeps on telling me I'm such a pack rat. I have way too much stuff that can actually be disposed of, but I never do. Well, I guess I'm too sentimental. As I always say, I'm Ms. Long-term Everything. I'm into long-term relationships, my friends now are my friends since forever, and the stuff I actually use i.e. clothes, shoes, bags gets really old before I replace them. Worse, I pretty much keep everything my friends give me -- even a simple note written in tissue!

Honestly, I wish I can change that about myself. I wish I could be a little less sentimal -- just like my dad and my wife. Makes spring cleaning and moving in/out a lot easier.

But just the same, I have a number of stuff I call My Most Priced Possessions. These are stuff that are not really expensive nor important in terms of function, but I just can't let go of for whatever reason. Here's a really quick list of those stuff:

* My POG collection. During the late 90's, Coca-Cola had a promo for POG caps. They had 24 designs, all of which I was able to collect. I want to have them framed. For me, it was an achievement.
* Speaking of achievement, I love my Starbucks rocket tumbler -- imagine, 58 fraps in 62 days. Apart from being well, expensive, it reminds me of all the friends I was able to hang-out with because of that promo.
* VCD collection of Mandarin movies + DVD collection of Seasons 1 and 2 of Six Feet under. These are among our recent acquisitions. My wifey bought them from HK when she went there this month for a business trip. We were so thrilled to actually own original VCDs of movies done by our favorite HK superstars -- the likes of Karen Mok, the late Anita Mui, Stephen Chow, Sammi Cheng and Cecilia Cheung.
* School projects. I have a thing for collecting my school projects. They remind me of my younger self, groupworks remind me of old friends, papers remind me of how hardworking I was -- having to use our ancient manual typewriter. Even if my grades aren't always impressive, I'm always proud of my works even as a child.
* Letters from friends. As I've said, I'm very sentimental. I love reminiscing the good ol' days. Makes me even happier to know most of them are still very involved in my present life.
* Cat Collection. No, I don't collect cats -- I collect cat stuff. I'm crazy about cats!!! I love my feline siblings soooooo much!!!

Well, that's it for now! Have nothing else to say! Heehee!

1 comment:

hlF said...

hey you're not alone! i've kept my sucky plates from when i was in fine arts... hahahaha!

pahiram ng mandarin movies! puh-leeese?!?!