Thursday, April 14, 2005

Updates

I just realized that I post too much about the things I bitch about... things that makes me sad... but never about the things that happen afterwards. So, where do I start?

Well, I'm no longer pissed with my phone... I was able to get in touch with the Nokia Helpdesk where a rep assisted me via phone in troubleshooting the problem. As it turns out, there has been a conflict with my mRouter... probably because I use the same USB port for Bluetooth and the HotSync cable of my PDA. Everything's back to normal with my phone.

About my supposed job... well, they totally screwed me up. After the "job offer" meeting with "the boss" here in Manila (he's from CA), they totally ignored me... my immediate supervisor even had the gall to login in YM in invisible mode -- like I wouldn't figure it out -- and as of the last meeting, which was Tuesday, 12MN MLA time, "the boss" talked as if nothing happened... he said there was no position ever offered... Whatever. Anyway, I withdrew my application and told him how unprofessional they were in handling these matters... but then I was polite enough to say "Thank you for your time" GAG ME

So there, I've been having a hard time sleeping night after night... I can't believe they screwed me like that! Oh well, I belive in karma... So there... oh and of course, that makes me a professional bum... As such, I've been very busy submitting my samples and other application documents to different Web Content companies. My mission is to find a home-based writing job... a good-paying one... and of course, one that will not screw me up!

So far, I've landed a 3-month trial contract with one company, which I feel is very good -- not to mention, I'm dealing with Filipinos. I'm hopeful that things will get better from here.

I've also been working out like hell... I vow to lose a portion of my adipose tissue by the 25th anniversary of my existence. I've been playing badminton, lifting weights, doing some "so-so" yoga and has significantly reduced my food intake. And mind you, I'm eating healthier too. Can you imagine that's even possible?! Well, welcome to my TWILIGHT ZONE!

So there... that's it for now. Everything else seems normal. I'm still madly in love with the same woman for the past 4 years and some months, We've been staying at my parents' house during weekends -- frying our brains with the CATMANIA 1000-pc Jigzaw puzzle I've had for years. Oh well, we've been doing it for the past couple of weekends and intend to finish it this weekend. I've been watching a whole lot of TV as usual (a lot of CSI and American Idol) and I'm still madly in love with the same woman for the past 4 years and some months... So there!

'Till next time!

No comments: