Friday, April 15, 2005

Challenge for the day: Writing Travel Articles

I'm a semi-bum. Semi because I already have a 3-month trial contract with a company, but just the same, I don't earn as much as I did and well, it's just a trial period. At this point, I'm trying to get into as much companies as possible so I can stick with having a home-based job.

I just finished an article about buying art -- very interesting and educational. But the real challenge I'm facing right now is writing a travel article. I was thinking, I don't think it's the genre I find difflicult but my topic. You see, I need to write about my hometown. About the usual stuff you'd typically find in a travel article -- places to go, things to do, etc. I've lived in Pasig all my life -- on the outermost portion of it. Sad to say, I've spent my entire life "living" in other parts of the metro. I studied and worked in Quezon City, my fun leisure places are Quezon City, Makati, Mandaluyong and even Cainta, and the one place I'm truly fond of and wish to be a citizen of is Marikina City. Not to diss my supposed hometown, but I guess I'm just not a PasigueƱo by heart. In fact, there are a lot of places in Pasig, which I've never heard of, morever gone to! Sad to say, I need to do tons of research about Pasig! Oh man! What to do, what to do...

I'm seriously thinking of not submitting the article -- tantamount to withdrawing my application and screwing up my chances of having additional income... but I know that's really impractical and totally stupid.

Oh well, gotta get back to work. :(

1 comment:

hlF said...

what about your favorite vacation spot? sagada, puerto galera, boracay...?