Sunday, August 08, 2010

Fireball Eyes



Since I'm having a difficult time keeping my eyes open, I have to keep this short.

I'm deeply concerned about my conjunctivitis. It seems to be overly resilient to the eye drops that I have been using! To date, I've only experienced a marked improvement once and that was when I used the new eye drop for the first time. The morning after, which was this morning, I'm back to square one -- both eyelids swollen, eyeballs on fire, eyes turned into slits. I would've posted photos, but I reckon it's a little too 'painful.'

Apart from the physical pain, another thing I hate about the whole experience is that in spite of all the time I get to spend at home, I've been useless! I can't cook, I can barely prepare my own meal, and most of all, I can't do anything that requires reading. I'm quite impressed that I'm able to use the laptop now... I've been feeling a bit of relief since my last eye drop application at 11PM. Nonetheless, make no mistake that I'm feeling better. I'm still wearing sunglasses to protect my eyes from photosensitivity and I still have to stop once in a while to dab tissue on my teary eyes. As for the typing, I've been hitting the backspace key to correct my typographical errors! If you see any more, I apologize.

The worst part of this hell is that I miss my wife. The whole isolation drama is seriously getting annoying. I can't even hug her! She has started to get better (except for some spots on her cornea that is also being treated) and we're being careful not to infect her again.

Ugh! I can't believe this is how I'm spending the last couple of weeks of my 29th year on earth, and how I'm opening my 30th! I hope we get well soon!!!

No comments: