Sunday, December 06, 2009

The "First" Day

The weekend has come to an end once again. Yeah, I'm sad that it means going back to work, but with the kind of weekend we had, I'm all good.

Last Saturday, PiNkR0b0T had to do some overtime and asked me to come with her. I figured, I can use some day-long R&R in a public place. For some reason, there's something relaxing about hanging out in a mall. ( I know, right?! Of all places?!)

In recent years, I've associated 'going out' to doing errands. Yes, the wife and I would do some shopping here and there, or go out for lunch or dinner, but we haven't really done either one without having to buy something for the house or coming from/going to somewhere else. Well, I guess it's all part of being a grown-up -- multi-tasking, time management, priority management... Ulch! =S

As it turns out, Saturday became a day full of 'first-times' for PiNkR0b0T and myself. And hell, was it loads of fun! I can't help but remember that nice TV advert of Emirates, which has the tag line, "When was the last time you did something for the first time?" True enough, there's something magical about being in the same place, doing the same things and being with someone familiar, yet looking at everything in a whole new light. Anyhoo, here's our list of "first times" this Saturday:

* It was Taffy's first day out (Taffy=laptop) - I've always wanted to take her somewhere, but I never had the opportunity to do so until now. Ironically, I ended up tweeting from my mobile phone since there was no free Wi-fi where I stayed, which didn't matter because I ended up writing a bit then playing Plants vs Zombies almost half the time I waited.

* It was our first time to dine in Momo Cafe - We always see it, but we never checked out their menu. We figured it's just a cafe with no 'real food.' You know, some heavy grub for volume eaters like us. LOL Guess what, we were so wrong! They have real food and large servings too! We're so going back there -- and hopefully soon! I saw their list of desserts and I'm looking forward to trying their cupcakes!

* It was my first time to hang out in Starbucks Eastwood Mall - We've only been there once or twice and it was just for a quick coffee-and-donut-to-go. I used to hang out in the Citiwalk branch a lot. I find the new location very quiet and cozy, which I liked a lot. I was fortunate enough to sit in one of the comfy couches, which was perfect for waiting.

* It was my first time to have my nails done in Dashing Diva - Another place I always see but never really checked out. I've always assumed that their prices are ridiculous. Well, I was wrong. Their prices aren't cheap, but they're definitely reasonable. I've always been a Gloss girl, but I think that's about to change. (Sorry!) It was so cute when I first dropped by to grab a flyer. There were six little girls (prolly in the ages of 8 to 10) having a Little Diva party! I felt so old! LOL

* It was our first time to watch a movie in the Eastwood Mall's Ultra 7 Cinema (with the recliner and unlimited popcorn and drinks) - Finally! PiNkR0b0T and I saw 'New Moon'! It was extra fun watching in the fancy movie house. I thought we got the lousiest seats in the corner, but as it turns out, they were prolly the best seats in the house! It felt as if we were the only ones there! That was really helpful, especially when I had my embarrassing 'cougar moment.' Yeah... when Taylor Lautner removed his shirt for the first time, I blurted out, 'Ayun o!' (There you go!) Hahahahaaa!!!

No comments: