Sunday, November 08, 2009

A Wonderful Weekend

I've always thought that if I have more money, my weekends would've been more special. Weekend trips to the beach or maybe to Tagaytay, shopping sprees with PiNkR0b0T, fancy dinners with friends -- I've always imagined that these are the things that an exciting weekend is made of. Yeah, we've done some of these splurgings at some point, but this weekend, I discovered that with a little planning and well, a little determination, you can have a fun-filled weekend without leaving the comforts of your own home and without spending a lot of money. Now don't get me wrong, we have done something like this before, but I don't think we've done all of these in one weekend.

Last Friday, we ended up coming home late from work. Yeah, we've been both very busy and haven't really reaped the benefits of the 5AM-2PM schedule. So anyway, we were so beat when we got home that we hit the sack by 12MN. If you know us well enough, you would've figured that this is a tad bit early for a Friday evening. We normally stay up until the wee hours of the morning during the weekends, watching TV or surfing the net like there's no tomorrow.

We then woke up at around 1PM Saturday afternoon. Not bad... when we really want to catch up on our shut-eye, we can stay in bed until 3-4PM or until our heads hurt like crazy. Since I planned to do some work at home (online courses), I managed to drag myself out of bed, while PiNkR0b0T decided to catch up on some mathwork for the house. Unfortunately (or fortunately?), the online courses won't load (in fact, I'm still trying it as I write this) anywhere (i.e. on both the desktop and the laptop) so we decided to start early on our TV shows marathon. By dinnertime, we were done watching the latest episodes of Heroes, CSI:NY and Grey's Anatomy! While doing a little net-surfing, I also burned 'Paranormal Activity', which we planned to watch with my Mom. However, by the time it was done, she's got other plans so we decided to watch it by ourselves.

Again, as if by clockwork, we crashed by 12MN. Surprisingly, we were up by 9AM this morning! Amazing, right? So we started the day with a yummy serving of my Papu's spicy spaghetti and as if that wasn't enough, PiNkR0b0T and I had some taho shortly after. You see, we don't often catch the Manong Magtataho so we grabbed the chance today even if we just ate. LOL Anyhoo, by midday, we finally pushed ourselves to do some workout and I'm so glad we did! Today's yoga practice was fulfilling. Trust me, when you're this fat, shifting from plank pose to down dog and back isn't easy. But today, I think I'm finally getting it! Woot! A few more weeks and I'm sure, my knees are in tip-top shape again and I can do some serious, bad-ass cardio. Until then, I'm happy practicing yoga.

After working out, we just grabbed a light lunch, after which I took a long, relaxing, warm shower. By 2PM, our regular massage therapist arrived for a 2hr massage and tada! I was in heaven! So now, as I write this, PiNkR0b0T's having her turn (almost done, I think). Afterwards, we'll just have dinner and cap off our weekend with a couple more feel-good movies.

This weekend has truly been amazing. We were able to do a lot of stuff we like and realy took care of ourselves at the same time. Most importantly, PiNkR0b0T and I were able to spend some quality time with each other, which is ironically difficult even if we're living and working together, especially now that we've been both very busy in the office. Thank heavens our weekend turned out the way it did. Now we're both ready to battle another hectic work week ahead!

No comments: