Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My Christmas Literary Wishlist

I went to National Bookstore today to check on a kris-kringle gift for the office and it just hit me... I miss reading Philippine literature! Well, I just realized now that I don't read any other kind of literature except for our very own. I guess, when it comes to literature, I like the local flavor more -- kind of weird because I hate Pinoy movies and TV shows, which is pretty much literature on screen.

Anyway, as in -- the feeling was overwhelming. I was like a kid in a candy store! I can't believe how much I've been missing a lot of Zafra and Remoto's works. I want to buy them all and catch up on my reading, especially with gay lit! LOL I was thrilled because I also saw that they've reprinted Eraserhead's FRUITCAKE! Ugh! Then I saw Ricky Lee's first novel, "Para Kay B." Now at that point, I can no longer help myself... I've already walked walked out of the store but decided to go back and grab a copy! LOL I love that guy! I also have his scriptwriting manual, "Trip to Quiapo."

So here's my Christmas Literary Wishlist, solely based on today's trip to National Bookstore. Hopefully, I can start getting them one by one next year... I think I can do that, as long as I cut down on my coffee and bagel!!! LOL

  • Ladlad 1-3 by Danton Remoto (Used to have the first book, but I don't know where it is now. Even called Des in Dubai to ask if she has it! Crazy bitch!)
  • Gaydar by Danton Remoto
  • Fruitcake by The Eraserheads (edited by Jessica Zafra -- it was that time when she was managing them)
  • Twisted 7 (written as Tw7sted) and 8 (Night of the Living Twisted) by Jessica Zafra
  • 500 People You Meet in Hell by Jessica Zafra

No comments: