Sunday, June 24, 2007

Counting Good Deeds

Finally, after going through a series of unfortunate events at work, I can now say that I've survived the worst and just geting ready for the better. And what better way to recover from a horrible, horrible nightmare than to do good deeds and forget that the nightmare ever happened. Today, I'm just grateful to have a few opportunities this week to do good. Makes me realize that I may be good for something -- it's exactly the confidence boost I need after that über-terrible time a couple of weeks back.

This week, I was able to show courage by volunteering at work -- and apparently delivering great output. I was also able to offer a few words of encouragement to a troubled mind and a bit of hope to someone who's about to give up. It is because of these opportunities that I am able to look back with a smile on my face... It is indeed a refreshing change. I've finally shaken off that feeling of self-loathing and shame that I've been feeling for that past couple of weeks. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey... Things will get better.

I have faith in you.

NEVER QUIT!!!

Chuck Lamb
"Dead Body Guy"

Abernathy™ said...

Thanks Chuck! Wow! I got a comment from a celebrity! :) Thanks for coming by :)