Friday, March 11, 2005

Of Beginnings and Endings

I recently wrote an article/open letter of the same title in relation to my resignation, which officially starts tomorrow.

|BadGirl`JeL| is QA Jelaine no more. As always, I'm in another roller coaster ride of emotions.

March 2nd, one of my favorite teachers and our department head in college passed away. It was only then that I was finally able to define my feelings. As I suspected, I don't know how to handle grief over death. I was so stressed out that entire week, getting those nasty pains in my tummy like when I have gastritis and was especially stressed out on the day I planned to go to her wake. I wasn't able to go due to some conflict in skeds, but I don't know... somehow, I felt relieved and decided to grieve on my own at home.

This week, I felt both happy and sad about my resignation. Happy because it's my last week, but sad because it's sinking in that I'm leaving my friends in the office. To make matters worse, I got sick with my usual allergy/asthma when the weather changes so I wasn't able to come in for three days and missed my friends' wedding! =(

And of course, I feel nervous knowing that I'll be starting on my new job in a couple of weeks max. Wow! A new job. I still can't believe I have one. I thought I'd be forever stuck in the cube -- not that it's a totally bad thing. It's just that I know there's something better out there, for me.

So there. Here I am. Trying so hard to get ready for another roller coaster ride... wherever it'll take me this time. Wish me luck!

No comments: