Saturday, January 29, 2005

Two Months to Freedom

I'll be formally submitting by letter of resignation on Monday, which is effective March 31st 2005.

Finally, after over three year of living the "Call Center Lifestye," I've decided to take the plunge and just resign with or without a job waiting. Yeah, I know it's risky... but I think that's what I need to do... learn to take risks.

On my previous post, I've mentioned the wonderful job interview I went to for the most amazing job. What I forgot to write about is that, I doubt that they'll choose me after saying that I'll be available in a month because of the 30days I'm required to serve as a regular employee, considering that they need a writer ASAP. Not that it's the only factor why they won't get me, but of course, I mean, logically speaking, why would they even bother looking into the other stuff if I can't even qualify for their primary requirement??? From there, my girlfriend and I finally decided that I need to resign with or without a job waiting just to get that 30-day thing out of the way. Otherwise, I might miss more good opportunities just like what happened, because I'll always be available after 30 days!

To make things worse, I got sick -- very sick -- that week with gastritis, so I missed work for 4 days and was only able to talk to my boss last Friday. I understand that my group really needs me, so I agreed to stay until March 31st.

Oh well, the entire experience has been bittersweet... I lost an opportunity, but it drove to take a risk. I'll be starting out on hopefully, something better and something that I really like, but of course, I'll miss my QA family so much. I love them so much and breaks my heart that I won't be seeing them everyday anymore. But as I always say, you can't have everything and one must learn to make sacrifices.

At this point, I'm still actively looking for a job... preferably in writing. I also finished my resignation letter, just a while back and I feel both excited and well, weird about submitting it on Monday, like, this is it! I'm really doing it.

As i've said, the whole thing has been bittersweet for me... rest assured, that I'm happy that I finally did something to get to what I really wanted. I just hope that things work out for me. =)

1 comment:

hlF said...

yeah... i've been through the call center thing too. 7 months. but it was so NOT for me. but i'd like to congratulate you on your decision. you'll notice that real life will start as soon as you become independent (read: no fixed income for the time being!).

i've always known you were destined for better things.